We always recommend renting before buying property in France. You want to be able to try out real life in an area, or a few even, before taking the plunge. The market is not very fluid either, and often it doesn’t make financial sense to sell before five years – so you don’t want to get stuck some place you’re not wild about. But renting in France is not always the easier option! Even the French complain about the lack of available rentals and the difficulty getting their applications accepted. Foreigners arriving in France without a steady job find it even harder.
For non-EU citizens, there’s the added challenge of having to present a lease to the French consulate in order to obtain a long-stay visa. How are you supposed to find a place to live BEFORE you move there? This is where the Renestance team can help. We can be your feet on the street, looking for the address of your future nest in France!
- The first step is to gather your specific criteria.
- Then we contact our partners and scan the market for properties that fit your criteria and would be available when you want it.
- We send you links and information for several options for you to come up with a short list.
- We visit the property either with you or on your behalf (taking loads of photos and videos).
- We explain how renting works in France, as there are several differences from your home country.
- We provide all the liaison work and any translation needed with French agents, landlords and listings.
- Once you decide on your dream home, we accompany you through the signing of the lease, getting renters insurance, posting the security deposit, and performing the initial walk-through/inventory.
- In addition to this service, we provide five hours of ‘renesting help’ that can be used toward: transferring the utilities into your name, setting up internet/TV/phone lines, setting up a French bank account, exchanging your driving license, getting linked up to social groups, or even a personal orientation of your new village/neighborhood.
Please contact us for more details and the estimated cost for your rental search through the form below.